[Dixielandjazz] From Analog to Digital

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Mar 28 01:10:38 PST 2006

Robert Smith wrote:
I get the following advantages with minidiscs.......

The disadvantage will come, Robert, when they discontinue making both the
disks & the machines.  I have two professional minidisk recorders on my
rental list (& in my studio), one for studio & one portable (for film work),
but neither has been used in over 2 yrs!

My suggestion would be to stock up on blanks, and maybe even another player,
perhaps a sturdier, static home version.

I know they are still used in the radio environment, but could still
disappear from the market easily enough.

I prefer DAT (no compression), but that could go the same way as the
minidisk might go.

Jim