[Dixielandjazz] Portland Dixieland friendly Venues

Chris Tyle silverleafjb at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 26 16:10:09 PST 2006

The subject of this message was quite a surprise to me. As a Portland  resident for the past three years,it's been my experience that there's  rarely any traditional jazz played here. So I thought I'd better take a  look at the websites for these clubs mentioned, in case I was missing  something:

  www.jimmymaks.com
  www.thebluemonk.com

  I couldn't find anything about the Bigfoot Lounge.

  In looking at the March calendars for both the clubs mentioned above, I  didn't see anything remotely resembling traditional or dixieland, not  even anything remotely close to that. Not even swing/mainstream. Most  if not all seems to be either what is now referred to as "modern" jazz,  or rhythm and blues. And I didn't see any New Orleans artists.

  Huh?? Did I miss something?

  Chris Tyle
  www.tyleman.com
  www.silverleafjazzband.com