[Dixielandjazz] Cutting to the chase...

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 24 10:12:01 PST 2006

Hi Friends...
I once had a wonderful MD (musical director) on a ship, who had the distinct habit of cutting directly to the bottom line, succinctly.  It happened that one week we were sent a musical group of questionable ability.  After about 3 days, reports were coming in and we had our weekly "music meeting".  As I was leaving the meeting, the groups leader was told to wait a minute.  As I was almost out the door, I heard our MD ask the leader, "Do you sing?"  The leader's response was, "Well, I'm trying..."  The MD said, "Don't..."
They didn't last the week...  Such is life on the high seas...
All the Best,
Steve Heist

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!