[Dixielandjazz] Technique vs. Feeling

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Mar 24 00:57:56 PST 2006

Totally understandable Jim and when it all magically comes together for
any musician it is indeed a great feeling,
of satisfaction and accomplishment no matter what the level of
competency they may have on their particular instrument.

I have always found that the better players I associate myself with the
better I PLAY, as it somehow makes many of us rise to the occasion and
do sometimes what we don't think we are even capable of doing.  :))

Feeding off each other seems to often produce magic for everyone and
that makes it all worthwhile at least to bands that seek to enjoy their
music and strive to please the audience while having fun themselves.
It just seems to often fall apart when we start to take it all a tad
bit too seriously.  At least in my opinion.  which has been known to be
a bit warped by some standards from time to time  :))

Cheers,

Tom