[Dixielandjazz] Sarrusophones

OArkas at aol.com OArkas at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 16:01:24 PST 2006

In a message dated 3/23/06 3:44:40 PM, jazzboard at hotmail.com writes:

> In any case I will henceforth regard the instrument with more respect and
> instead of making rude and thoughtless remarks about the sarrusonphone's
> overall ugliness in appearance and sound I will simply shoot Pete Main!
> Respectfully submitted,
> Bill "phhhtttt! - BANG" Gunter
> Jazzboard at hotmail.com

To whom it may concern:
The International Society of Pete Main Fans, Supporters, and Proselytizers
respectfully request that you do not "simply shoot Pete Main!"
His contributions are many and wonderful, and it would surely be a loss to
all of us.   Actually, the sarrusophone isn't too bad (once you get used to it).
So, shoot the sarrusophone if you will, but not Pete.   We like him too much.
Our motto is, "Sarrusophone, maybe, never, But Pete Main forever!"
Humbly submitted,
John Pappas
ex officio President of the I.S.P.M.F.S.P (which I'm sure numbers in the
thousands or something)
PS    We like Bill too.