[Dixielandjazz] New Member says hi.

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Sun Mar 19 07:19:05 PST 2006

Shalom Harry,

Welcome to DJML. I am an American living in Jerusalem, Israel for the past
ten years, having all kinds of jazz adventures. I played banjo and trombone
when I came to Israel, and have added tuba and trumpet and other brass to my
repertoire since my arrival. I started a band called Doctor Jazz consisting
of 2 young Israeli college students whom I taught to play banjo and
trombone, 2 Russian musicians, and myself. We have been on  the market for
about 3 years now, playing all kinds of weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs,
parties, holiday events, Jerusalem civic events, Hebrew University gigs, and
a host of others. I've played all over Judea, Samaria and Gaza (before the
deportation), and in lots of places that have been attacked by terrorist
activity. And perhaps we are best known simply for playing out on the
pedestrian mall in downtown Jerusalem, trying to keep a sense of joy and
normality in the air for people who come to town, whether tourists or
locals.

I expect to be attending a family event in the Philly/South Jersey area in
September, and will check on the list to see who will be around when I come
to the area. Always looking to play, listen and meet listmates when I
travel.

Good to have you on board.

Elazar Brandt
Dr. Jazz Dixieland Band