[Dixielandjazz] "You Choose the Tuba News" (probably no OKOM content)

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Mar 17 19:02:50 PST 2006

Hi all,

A Friday feature of the CBS National News is a "You Choose The News"
and up for next Friday's story (3/24/06) is a story/interview with
young tubist Carol Jantsch. A recent winner of the feature got total
national news coverage (and a hug from George Bush - no comment) so
if you want to support The Tuba, go to cbsnews.com [cbsnews dot com]
and click "Assignment America" - the vote is for "Tuba Prodigy" - you
may have to go through a few windows to get there, but CBS has really
done well with tubas over the years, IMO.

(there is really not much else to vote for this week - I think they
are pushing for Carol )

(She is really good with the classical tuba - do a search on her name
- but I have no idea if she can play jazz yet. ;-)

Dave Richoux