[Dixielandjazz] Sidney Bechet & Teddy Buckner

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Wed Mar 15 15:31:11 PST 2006

This was recorded in Paris on 4 July 1958 and has been re-issued on Vogue. I
am not sure of their numbering system but it has "VG 655" in boxes and then
655617.
The CD is/was called "Sidney Bechet - Teddy Buckner Parisian Encounter"
I have it.
There was another recording of Buckner, Bechet and Vic Dickenson recorded on
7 & 10 July. This is the recording that Bill mentioned we are trying to find

Festival de Jazz 1958:
Teddy Buckner (tp) Vic Dickenson (tb) Sidney Bechet (sop) Sammy Price (p)
Arvell Shaw (b) J.C. Heard (d)
Knokke, Belgium, July 7, 1958
    St. Louis blues                       Vog (F)LDM30094, (E)LAE12168
    On the sunny side of the street          -             -          ,
Everest FS228,   Vog 655623 [CD]
    I wish I could shimmy like my Sister Kate    Vog (F)LDM30094,
(E)LAE12168
    I'm coming, Virginia       -             -

Roy Eldridge (d) replaces J.C. Heard, rest same
Concert "Palais des Festivals", Cannes, July 10, 1958
    Rosetta    Vog (F)LDM30094, (E)LAE12168, (F)EPL7759
    Sweet Georgia Brown    same issues plus Vog 655623
    Once in a while    Vog (F)LDM30094, (E)LAE12168

Details courtesy of the Lord CD

(Jazz Jerry hint hint).

Phil O'Rourke
Australia

from Bob Romans
Speaking of Bechet and Buckner...
I have an album COVER (no LP inside) that came with Teddy's Benge cornet
that I bought on Ebay...wish I could get an LP to go into it!
Called "Bravo!"...Vol. 21 LDM. 30.092
All of the liner notes are in French.
The tunes...
Weary Blues
Ain't Misbehavin'
Aubergines,Poivrons Et Sause Tomate-Bechet
Sugar
Bravo!-Bechet
Who's Sorry Now
All Of Me