FW: [Dixielandjazz] Re: "If You See My Mother" (was REQUEST FOR SONGLYRICS.)

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Mar 15 09:12:04 PST 2006

Dear Jim,
The following was issued on a French Vogue LP (LD529-30) years ago.
Is this your tape?
Bill.

Teddy Buckner, t/vcl; Caughey Roberts, cl/ss; William Woodman Jr, tb;
Chester Lane, p; Art Edwards, sb; Jesse Sailes, d.
Los Angeles, 1960
    Petite Fleur
    Si Tu Vois Ma Mere
	etc......

Bill, the tape I have is a 1/4 inch tape of only Si Tu Vois Ma Mere.  It was
sent to me by Caughey (pronounced "Couch" like what we sit on!).  I had
heard the band play the song, and Caughey told me the recording hadn't come
out yet and he would send me a tape.

I was pretty sure that all happened just before I came to Spain in 1966, and
the tape was sent to me here in Madrid.  However, that doesn't jive with the
date you mention above.  Until I can find the tape, I can't clarify the
date.

Jim