[Dixielandjazz] There'll Come A Day

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 14 20:48:01 PST 2006

In the Chas. Anderson Fake Book, there is a song by Shelton Brooks
"There'll Come a Day"
There are 3 citings of records for it
However, sadly,  the citings are erroneous and refer to recordings
of Wingy Manone/Miff Mole tune "There'll Come A Day (Wait and See)"
This happens too often in the Anderson book. Seems checking wasn't done.

That aside, he lists a recording by Wingy Manone and Jack Teagarden.
but it is released as "unreleased." Was this record ever released later as
many have been? Can someone point me to it if it has been?

I should point out though for those interested... that Sheik's
Fake Book Vol II contains a lead sheet for the Manone/Mole
tune.  (So now I have charts for both tunes.)

Thanks,
Craig Johnson
The Maine Street Paraders