FW: [Dixielandjazz] set lists

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Mar 13 14:43:36 PST 2006

Joe Hopkins wrote:
We played a 9 hour gig a few years ago and never repeated a tune.....

That must be some kind of a record, Joe...9 hrs!  I can't beat that for one
gig, but we do a
7 nite club date, and can do all 14 sets of 45 minutes each (2 sets a nite)
without repeating a song, except for the few favorites that are often
requested.

So, you win on the longest single gig (a rather dubious prize to hold!), and
we win on total time (14 x 45 = 630 minutes or 10.5 hours!  At least until
someone else speaks up.  Contest only open to bands that don't resort to
fake books...head charts only.   :>

Jim