[Dixielandjazz] Silver Leaf Band

glen page gpage at dccnet.com
Sat Mar 11 14:14:05 PST 2006

Hi Ron,
With all the exciting developments on DJML lately I did not get around to a
timely comment re. the Silverleaf.

I cannot remember the titles that were listed as being on the tape, but in
case this is of any help I have an lp from1977 by the Silverleaf, one word,
of Toronto. It was an excellent band led by the late Dennis Elder on
dms.tunes on the record are
Panama/ InThe Evening/ If I Ever cease To Love/ Fidgety Feet/ Purple Rose Of
Cairo/ Mahogany Hall Stomp/ High Society/ Darkness On The Delta/ Bluebell's
Goodbye/ Far Away Bl./ Ice Cream/ Goin' Home.

If anybody is interested in personnel  and recording details I can post.

Cheers, Glen Page.