[Dixielandjazz] Silver Leaf Band

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Fri Mar 10 14:27:50 PST 2006

Ron said:

Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:43:16 -0500
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault at bu.edu>
Subject: RE: [Dixielandjazz] Silverleaf Brass Band

There is/was a Silverleaf Band in Canada too.  Could the recording be
theirs?

Ron L

It was a relief for me to hear that as I thought I had remembered hearing the Silver-Leaf Band in Toronto the one year I went to the jazz festival there during the weekend the director, "our" Jim Gallaway, put on some trad bands.  Some time ago now I. did not recall they were from N.O. and I believe they did have at least one album out at that time. Probably more.  I thought they said they were from the Toronto area?

Does anyone have Jim Gallaway's email address?  He could solve that for us. After all, he hired them for that festival. Maybe it was a similar name as I said to Bob Ringwald in a private email.

Lowell