[Dixielandjazz] 0ld bands

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri Mar 10 08:29:18 PST 2006

Wo1j at aol.com wrote:

>Does anyone remember "Freddie Fisher and the Snicklefritz Band"? Are there
>any recordings available? I would also like to know if anyone remembers the
>German band "Heinie und his Grenadiers"I would also like to hear some of that
>music.I know it is taking you back to the old "radio  days"      Nick Yonclas

As it happens I worked with Freddie in Aspen, Colorado in '59-'60. There
was a recording made in '60, sold in Aspen, of the band.
Had Freddie's son King on  Cornet,  Freddie on clarinet, myself on
trombone, Walt Smith on piano, Red Ingle played bass sax on it just for
the date, and Monty Montjoy from Smokey Stover's band played drums.
Recorded in Denver. 10" LP. Do not know if this exists anywhere, but
someone iin the Aspen area might uncover a copy.
Don Ingle