[Dixielandjazz] College Gigs

Russ Guarino russg at redshift.com
Thu Mar 9 08:43:09 PST 2006

Having just finished watching the bands during the Dixieland Monterey Fest, I
came to the conclusion that the humor delivered by the leader and/or band
members, both verbal and visual, was almost as important for pleasing an
audience as the music.

Question:  In a college setting does the same rule apply?  Should a band with
good music but no mic man, look around for a "personality" to front the band?

Russ Guarino