[Dixielandjazz] College Gigs

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 9 07:01:27 PST 2006

What a treat it is to hear about Dixieland Bands playing College gigs again.
Craig Johnson at University of New England etc. And Tom Duncun's group at
Vassar? Man oh man, how I'd like to be a sideman on that one. Those highly
educated girls at the Top Schools in the USA are not only brilliant, but
very HOT. Tell those Vassar girls that their peers at Bryn Mawr, and
University of Pennsylvania are also hip to Dixieland as played by older men.

Break a leg Tom and go for the Sacculus. :-) VBG

Perhaps you (or we) should contact Smith and the rest of the Seven Sisters
about this "New" interest in Dixieland among upper crust college girls?

It could be deja vu back to the early 50s, when Dave Brubeck and his wife,
looking for gigs, mailed information to Colleges around the country and self
booked a bunch of concerts. It was only after that success, that Joe Glazer
called and asked to be their booking agent.

Cheers,
Steve