[Dixielandjazz] dancing kids

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Mar 8 10:31:22 PST 2006

The police in San Jose, CA have done a really "great" job in shutting
down most late evening entertainment in the downtown area. They still
try to roll up the sidewalks by 11PM with all sorts of harassment
techniques. Don't ever try to open a nightclub there.

Even if one walks under the influence, they can get you if they want
- Drunk in Public, WUI - anything...

http://www.csuchico.edu/pa/news/Fall2005/8.15.2005.shtml  is just one
example (Chico was known as the best "party college/town" for many
years.)

Dave Richoux

On Mar 8, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis
wrote:

> I haven't traveled in Europe extensively but I have been to Germany
> several times and see it as anything but a liberal fun loving
> place.  The thing about cops waiting outside bars so they can get a
> DUI on you is a fine art there and the consequences are much
> stronger than in the USA.  My Son got a DUI there and lost his
> license, had to take random urine tests for a year with all being
> clean before he could start taking driving lessons each week at
> about $50 a pop for almost a year.  Not only that but the insurance
> companies don't have to pay for the damage to your car if you wreck
> it. There are guys that kill people here and get off easier.
>
> Having said that the Germans seem to enjoy street musicians and
> numerous fests where a lot of beer is consumed but I also noticed
> that they walk a lot more there.  I attended a fest while I was
> there last summer and there was no music but had to walk about 2
> miles to get there.  Walking burns off a lot of alcohol and you
> can't get a DUI.

snip