[Dixielandjazz] dancing kids

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Tue Mar 7 21:35:05 PST 2006

Hey Folks:  what is apparent here but not to many in the USA is that
where Jim Lives and works and thrives a Professional and highly
respected Musician is in Europe  where American Jazz, Blues and Gospel
Music is still considered to be our Country's ONLY contribution to
World Culture.   Here at home we have legislated so many rules and
regulations and restrictions upon people to go out and have a good time
and release energy and anxiety that we have apparently lost the desire
and ability to actually go out and have FUN.    Long touted as the land
of the FREE, we have actually passed so many laws and ordinances that
we no longer are even half the FREE people that we used to be.

I am about to post a gig opportunity that my band was passed on becaUSe
they are  SO AFRAID WE WILL JUST BE TOO LOUD  AND BRINGN ON THE POLICE
TO SHUT DOWN THEIR BUSINESS OF RUNNING A DAMNED ALE HOUSE FOR GOD'S
SAKE.

EXCUSE ME BUT IS THAT NOT WHAT THAT BUSINESS IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALL
ABOUT, Drinking and having a good time.

Maybe one of the Trad. Jazz Societies can set them up as a low keyed
not too loud or boisterous venue for a quiet Sunday afternoon jam
session that won't offend the politicians who are all out of town for
the weekend anyway.   Now you have to understand folks that these
businesses are licensed for what they do and are not in Residential
neighborhoods, but downtown amongst restaurants and nightclubs and all
the other closed businesses that go home at 5:00 p.m. every night.

Talk about stupidity and over regulation,  well here it is folks and
basically what is wrong with our society to day and the downfall of
live music, oops! did I forget to mention the myriad of police cars
patrolling around and around the downtown area just waiting for anybody
to walk out of a Bar or club  and towards an automobile so they can get
a DUI bust and big fines for the city coffers .

Thankfully european countries have not lost all  the sense of letting
folks have a good time and taking responsibility for their own actions.
   Here everyone is so afraid of a lawsuit that they go into super
protection against any and all unforseen enemies and and chance that
lady luck might not be with everyone 24 hours a day seven days a week.

Sadly, Tom Wiggins, who knew better days and times as did many of you
who rolled over and played DEAD.

  > The thread on kids dancing at gigs is little more than curious in my
case,
  > if you see what a typical Spanish jazz club looks like. Take a look
at > the
  > picture at this site. Very little room to stand, let alone dance. >
However,
  > they did, last time we were there. Basically everyone that was
standing
  > tried to dance in their little space allotted to them. The picture
shows > a
  > normal, every night of the week crowd at the Cafe Populart, Madrid.
:>