[Dixielandjazz] Back to where it all started

Fred Zijlstra fredsayles at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 7 12:58:21 PST 2006

messieurs et al
You get the best balance when you don't use mikes! Our type of music is
acoustic music and the band must find the balance by seating in line ,close
together, so you can hear yourself and the other players.
Stay at the level of the piano and it all will become more musically and
lesser noise.With the start of
amplifying the string bass, all the other ones began playing louder and the
music became not better!
Only the vocalist can use a mike; the rest must mantain the level ,or below
that, of the piano
Here on the continent we don't use so much Sure mikes, but more the better
Sennheisers at stage and for recording Senheiser or AKG (both made in
Germany!)
When the folks will hear you, they will damping their sounds or have to come
closer to the band!
They'll getting used to it! And....Installation of the band will cost hardly
any time! (Relaxation!!)
Fred Zylstra, Holland