[Dixielandjazz] Jokes & Ringwald's Sex Study

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 14:05:15 PST 2006

Bob said something about jazz fans having more sex and others talked about
jokes on the stand.

One combination of the two that works very well for us follows:

We often play before groups of young ladies 21 to 30 in bars/restaurants
and/or at swing dances. There is always a group of 4 to 8 that get close to
the stand and bounce along to the music. (Most recently on Mardi Gras at our
Brew Pub gig)

So we go forth and drape beads and we hand out bikini bottoms that say "Love
Those Italians". Sometimes we even fit them on the bolder girls, over their
jeans. (Most of us in the band are Italian and we make a thing about it)

As the crowd gets into it, we shout out on the mike:

"Do you girls like Jazz".

"Yes" they scream.

"Do you know jazz fans have 25% more sex than ordinary folks"

"Loud screams and laughter from everybody, while they shout back yes."

We then follow this up with our rendition of "The Million Dollar Secret"
"strictly for you young girls", with my vocal which declaims that if young
women want to:

"Do Your thing and get rich quick"
"Get you an older man, girls, that will do the trick" etc.

For the complete vocal, visit http://cdbaby.com/cd/bsjb
Scroll down to track #4  "Million Dollar Secret" and listen.

It is a simple blues, show stopper in a club setting.

Cheers,
Steve