[Dixielandjazz] FW: "Our Sinatra" Musical Tour

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Mar 4 09:58:18 PST 2006

This show was recently seen by an old Air Force Band buddy (his friend is
the lead trumpeter in the show...also AFB). Below is a schedule of the
venues.
Jim

My friend's remarks about the show:

I must say the audience, which was mostly "older" folks (like myself and my
wife), and people who really appreciated the music performed by the three
vocalists....2 male and 1 female vocalist.  Of course, all the tunes
performed
were songs that Frank Sinatra had sung during his career, many of them our
personal favorites.  The quality of the performers was excellent to
outstanding!
My wife & I both commented on how QUIET the audience was while the songs
were being sung and played!  (I guess we have become accustomed to public
rudeness during musical performances!)  No cell phones rang.  No audible
conversations occurred during the entire performance.  The audience, while
very respectful during the musical numbers, reacted VERY audibly with
applause
at the end of every song or medly.  The performers received 2 standing
ovations
at the close of the show and after the encores.

If you enjoy music from that era, I highly recommend this show to you!

Sun., Mar. 5: Newberry SC / Newberry Opera House, 7 PM

Tues., Mar. 7: Bethesda, MD / Music Center at Strathmore, 8 PM

Fri., Mar 10: Hampton, VA / American Theatre, 7:30 PM

Sat., Mar. 11: Yanceyville, NC / Caswell County Civic Center, 8 PM

Sun., Mar. 12: Pound, VA / Center for the Performing Arts, 4 PM

Mon., Mar. 13: Pembroke, NC / Givens Performing Arts Center, 8 PM

Tue., Mar. 14: Greenwood, SC / Lander Cultural Center, 7:30 PM

Thur., Mar 16: Wilmington, DE / Grand Opera House, 8 PM

Fri., Mar. 17: Red Bank, NJ / Count Basie Theatre, 8 PM

Sat., Mar. 18: North Branch, NJ / The Theatre at Raritan Valley Comm.
College, 8 PM

Sun., Mar. 19: Schenectady, NY / Proctor's Theatre, 7 PM

Wed., Mar 22: New Haven, CT / Shubert Theater, 8 PM

Thur., Mar 23: Dover, NJ / The Baker Theater, 8 PM. Performance is TBD, not
yet locked in.

Fri., Mar 24: Buffalo, NY / Shea's Performing Arts Center, 8 PM

Sat., Mar 25: Monroe, MI / River Basin Centre for the Arts, 8 PM

Mon., Mar. 27: Henderson, KY / Henderson Fine Arts Center, 8 PM

Tue., Mar. 28: Terre Haute, IN / Tilson Music Hall, 7:30 PM. NOTE - All
comps are already spoken for.

Wed., Mar. 29: Columbus, OH / The Southern Theatre, 8 PM

Thur., Mar. 30: Clinton Township, MI / Macomb Center for the Performing
Arts, 7:30 PM

Fri., Mar. 31: Palos Hills, IL / Dorothy Menker Theater, 7:30 PM

Sat., Apr. 1: Cedarburg, WI / Cedarburg Performing Arts Center, 8 PM

Sun., Apr. 2: Springfield, IL / Sangamon Auditorium at the U of IL, 6 PM

Tue., Apr. 4: Maryville, MO / Mary Linn Performing Arts Center, 7:30 PM

Wed. Apr. 5: Columbia, MO / Jesse Auditorium, U. of MO, 8 PM

Thur., Apr. 6: Iola, KS / Bowlus Fine Arts Center, 8 PM

Fri., Apr. 7: Springfield, MO / Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing
Arts, 8 PM

Sat., Apr. 8: Overland Park, KS / Yardley Hall Carlsen Center, 8 PM

Sun., Apr. 9: St. Louis, MO / Annhueser-Busch Performance Hall, U. of MO, 7
PM