[Dixielandjazz] RE: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 39, Issue 4

Ed Danielson mcvouty78 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 16:57:00 PST 2006

Bob Ringwald was kind enough to ask:

>Hey Ed,
>
>When are you going to broadcast on the net again?
>
>--Bob Ringwald

Not this weekend, Bob, I'm afraid.  Our volunteer webcasting people are
unavailable.  Our purpose in streaming the audio was to get people to listen
and like what they heard enough to buy a ticket to the next concert in the
series.  So far, that hasn't happened.  Only two people have asked about the
webcast, and they both post to this list; they live a good distance away and
are not likely to fly into Denver just for a weekend, just for this concert.
  I still think streaming is a good way to publicize the event and give the
musicians a little additional exposure, but it has not served its purpose of
bringing new listeners to the events.

Right now, we don't know if there will be a Summit Jazz concert series next
year, but we will revisit the issue of webcasting if there is.

Thanks for asking.

Ed Danielson