[Dixielandjazz] Re: Anyone know this tune?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 2 01:20:16 PST 2006

Dear Bill,
As usual, more below than you ever needed to know.
All we have to do now is find the lyrics.
Kind regards,
Bill.

*Al Bernard.
"I'm a Twelve O'Clock Feller (in a Nine O'Clock Town".
Comedian with the Gully Jumpers
Brunswick 191, 3730. Silvertone 5004.
Recorded NY, 15 Nov 1927.
  AL (Alfred A.) BERNARD (November 23, 1888 - March 6, 1949) was a
vaudeville comedy singer known as 'the boy from Dixie." Bernard was a
throwback to an earlier era, often appearing onstage in blackface. His
biggest hit was 'I Want to Hold You in My Arms" (with Ernest Hare on Edison
[Diamond Disc] 50558, 1919.

* Byron G Harlan.
"I'm a Twelve O'clock Fellow"
Victor 18364
Recorded NY, 12 June 1917.
  GEORGE BYRON HARLAN (born August 29, 1861; died September 11, 1936 was
probably best known as half of the comic duo Collins and Harlan. However he
made many records without Arthur Collins. As a tenor soloist he specialized
in sentimental ballads such as "Wait Till the Sun Shines, Nellie." He also
recorded many rube numbers such as "They Gotta Quit Kickin' My Dawg Aroun'"
"How 'Ya Gonna Keep "Em Down on the Farm."