[Dixielandjazz] Re: Miller - Havens

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Fri Jun 30 14:06:54 PDT 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert Newman
  To: Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis
  Cc: Paul Edgerton
  Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 2:00 PM
  Subject: Miller - Havens

  > That would be great.  I don't remember ever hearing a tenor / trombone
  > combination so I suspect that others have the same problem.

  OK, Larry.     The responses  you're getting are all the same and obviously correct.     There are thousands of recordings of great Chicago style 4-man front lines to listen to.

  I'll send you the Miller - Havens combination which is wonderful -- all improvised from decades of their experience.     I'll pick one weekend out of the pile of our many gigs at Merle's Silver Stope in Virginia City, UT.     Dick Cathcart was on trumpet and Ray Sherman and Merle Koch were on piano on that weekend, October 1986.