[Dixielandjazz] Tenor Sax for Trombone

Robert Newman bobngaye at surewest.net
Thu Jun 29 16:28:19 PDT 2006

Larry -- I played clarinet in a Dixie pickup combination from 1982 until
1986 with Eddie Miller and Bob Havens, who had previously played with Pete
Fountain in the same combination, with Merle Koch on piano plus drums and
bass.   I'd be happy to send you CD's of those live sessions to hear how
Eddie and Bob always worked together.   There can't be better examples.

Bob Newman