[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Naw young folks are not into OKOM

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 23:26:01 PDT 2006

Subject: Naw young folks are not into OKOM  especially in New York or
San Francisco.  :))

Tom Wiggins

       WANTED: (jazz) PIANIST (ideally 20s-30s age range)  San
Francisco, California    area

  Reply to: comm-175868930 at craigslist.org

  Date: 2006-06-26, 10:17PM PDT

   Let's have fun! I'm a vocalist looking for a pianist who knows some
jazz standards or is interested in learning standards. I would like for
us to put a set together and play gigs in the Bay Area as a duo. Here
is a potential set list, just to give you an idea of some of the songs
I already know:

  "All of Me"
  "Summertime"
  "My Funny Valentine"
  "Georgia on My Mind"
  "The Nearness of You"
  "Cheek to Cheek"
  "They Can't Take That Away From Me"
  "God Bless the Child"
  "I'll Never Be the Same"
  "Mood Indigo"
  "How High the Moon'
  "Why Was I Born?"

   For added affect, I'd like to dress in 1930s-40s style attire for all
performances and would love it if you want to do the same (if not, no
big deal.) I'm 25, so I especially encourage people in the 20s-30s age
range to respond to this ad since I'd like to bring a fresh, young look
to these old jazz standards. I think this would add something very
unique and exciting to the current music scene. Please listen to a
sampling of my vocals at www.myspace.com/alittlemoonlight. (The vocals
were recorded a capella, dry and with no effects. Purely me!) Thank you
for your consideration. Feel free to email me with any questions.