[Dixielandjazz] Live365.>> Programming Classics

Laurence Swain l.swain at comcast.net
Sun Jun 25 18:57:16 PDT 2006

Bud Taylor wrote:

> I have enjoyed Dixieland Gumbo and the European station on Live365
> several
>  times.  It makes great background music while doing other mundane
>  tasks
> around the home, but I wonder if any one of you hosts have considered
> including  some of the classic recordings of the 1950's-80's that
> never made it to the CD  level?

I, too, enjoy Dixieland Gumbo.

I also enjoy a 7-CD boxed CD set I recently purchased from www.oldies.com: "The Very
Best of Wilbur DeParis".  11 original albums on 7 CDs, all recorded in the mid-fifties, at
the height of the trad jazz revival I experienced whilst a college student.  Features many
of the original performers I saw perform then, who were still around, at the Savoy in
Boston -- Wilbur, brother Sydney, Doc Cheatham, Omer Simeon, and many others.

I REALLY enjoy the CDs, as it's the music that I could experience live back then.

You can't go wrong buying this one.

Larry Swain