[Dixielandjazz] Dizzy & McPartland

Phil O'Rourke philor at webone.com.au
Sun Jun 25 17:20:54 PDT 2006

Ted
I think these are the recordings you are thinking of. Note that they have
been reissued on French Classics that may be available from Worlds Records
http://www.worldsrecords.com/index.html

Phil O'Rourke
Australia

Dizzy Gillespie and the Cool Jazz Stars:
Dizzy Gillespie (tp) Jimmy McPartland, Dick Cary (tp-1) Don Elliott
(mellophone,tp-1) Ray Abrams (ts) Ronnie Ball (p) Al McKibbon (b) Max Roach
(d)
"Birdland", New York, November 24, 1952
52S509    Muskrat ramble    MGM 30744, E194, E3286 (E)D115
52S510    Battle of the blues (1)        30745, -     -     -
52S511    How high the moon        30745, -     -     -
Note: All above titles also on Classics (F)1347 [CD].

> Some where in the basement is a four record collection (78) of jazz by
Dizzy