[Dixielandjazz] RE: Gillespie & Dixieland

Rob McCallum rakmccallum at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 23 09:13:17 PDT 2006

There is some film footage that exists of Gillespie trading back and forth
with Louis Armstrong.  I'ts not "dixieland" per se, Dizzy plays in his
normal bebop style, but I recall it being interesting and quite good.  I
believe it was on a PBS documentary of Louis that aired about a year ago.

All the best,
Rob McCallum