[Dixielandjazz] Valve Trombones

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Jun 21 13:35:55 PDT 2006

There was a music store in Sacramento, Tim's Band Instrument Service
- I think now out of business - that was as much a museum of brass as
it was a store. They had a folded slide trombone (AKA Quadro® Slide
by DEG - regular Bb pitch, but half the slide stroke length) I had
never seen before. It was very tricky to play and I could see why
they were so rare ;-)

There is a picture of this and some other t-bone variants at http://
home.att.net/~bobbeecher/trombone/trombone-p2.html
(even a slide/valve trumpet combo horn, Bob!)

Dave Richoux