[Dixielandjazz] "America's Most Talented" and OKOM??

charles coleman charliew8fim at verizon.net
Wed Jun 21 13:34:21 PDT 2006

Hi Listees,    I see that Regis Philbin is about to launch another "Idol" clone - "America's Most Talented".    I forsee a bunch of either classical musicians or rock star wannabees.    Now we all know that cute kids steal these shows.   What a great boost for OKOM if somehow someone like Johnathan Russell was selected for the show.   (Backed, of course, by some of our best OKOM players).   What a boost for jazz, especially that which we like to call OKOM.    Just a passing thought - but wouldn't it be great to see someone like Johnathan on national television - even if it is in a summer replacement slot.
Charlie "wishfully" Coleman