[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Sketch Pad

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Tue Jun 20 16:41:57 PDT 2006

I am not endorcing this product as I know nothing about it.  I am just
passing the info along in case someone thinks it might help them.

--Bob Ringwald

 Robert Claire
Whole Rest Music
1-866-976-5299 (voice and fax)
info at wholerestmusic.com
www.wholerestmusic.com
Whole Rest Music Releases "Jazz Sketch Pad"
Nevada City CA, June 1, 2006
A revolutionary new educational tool, "Jazz Sketch Pad" is a book+CD
for scales and improvisation. The CD contains 98 tracks of chords and pedal
notes,
each sustained for 45 seconds by a string section, in effect "pausing" the
chord.
This provides a stable pitch and harmonic environment with which to play
scales and
improvise. Students often find that with conventional play along cds, the
chords
go by too fast to deal with. With "Jazz Sketch Pad", the teacher can sit
with the
student, instruments in hand, and explore the chords in a relaxed manner.
The student
can work individually on the chords and keys that are problematic in a tune
they
want to play.
The book offers one-page summaries of the basics of scales, modes, intervals
and
chords, including ii-V-I progressions in major and minor keys. All of the
scales
typically used in jazz are shown in all twelve keys. It is appropriate for
all melody
instruments (with sections for C, Bb, Eb and C bass clef), and all levels,
with teacher
guidance recommended for more beginning players.
For audio and text samples, visit
www.wholerestmusic.com
, or for further information call
1-866-976-5299.