[Dixielandjazz] King Of Thailand

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jun 19 08:25:42 PDT 2006

The Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society gives a Gold Card, lifetime
membership to professional quality musicians.

Sometime in the early 70s, one of our members was in the Air Force and was
going to be stationed in Thailand.

We made out a Gold Card membership to the King.  While our Air Force member,
who also played clarinet, was in Thailand, he got an audience with the king
& presented him with the Gold Card.

We hoped to hear from him someday and possibly have the king as our guest if
he ever came over to the states.

As far as I know, we never heard from him.

Up until recently, we sent him our newsletter each month.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
The Fulton Street Jazz Band

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.