[Dixielandjazz] Choro

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Jun 16 14:05:59 PDT 2006

There is a collection of Pixinguinha songs available on CD - I picked
up a copy in Rio a few years ago while on a band tour. Very
interesting, fun large combo (small Big Band ;-) things from the late
30's onwards - early examples of "choro."

I think that particular CD is still in print and there are many other
Pixinguinha recordings available through on-line shops - even Amazon!

Dave Richoux
On Jun 16, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Steve Barbone wrote:

> Snipped from an Australian "on line" publication. (theage.com.au)
> How about
> it, Luis and Tito, does choro correlate to Dixieland as this
> article opines
> in the 3rd paragraph?
>
> Cheers,
> Steve Barbone