[Dixielandjazz] Live365.>> Programming Classics

BudTuba at aol.com BudTuba at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 08:55:43 PDT 2006

I have enjoyed Dixieland Gumbo and the European station on Live365 several
times.  It makes great background music while doing other mundane tasks  around
the home, but I wonder if any one of you hosts have considered including
some of the classic recordings of the 1950's-80's that never made it to the CD
level?  Perhaps that is because it would take a long time to convert said
78>LP recordings to digital files so that they could be included in the play
lists and necessitates that the host already has access to the records.

I have done a bunch of these for my own enjoyment and have some modest  sales
of same available at band gigs for pocket change.  Anyone interested  should
contact me for a catalog list.  I will give radio hosts a special  deal...let
me know what station you broadcast over.

I also have many recordings that I don't sell to anyone but would  be of
interest in the broadcasting scene.  These are great recordings  of the same time
period that probably will never see the light of day as  CDs.  There may be
others on DJML who also could contribute there  grass-roots CD conversions.

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band
'we ain't just  whistlin' dixie!"
585-415-3985  Cell