[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland Re-Creations

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 15 13:39:22 PDT 2006

>>>For me, (again an opinion) note for note reading and/or re-creations, while
they may be art because they are done by humans and do not occur in nature,
they are not jazz, but rather music.<<<

Most likely agreed.  Luckily, there are very few true exact reproducers.  Even the Vappie Oliver CD I was hyping a while back, though purported to be a faithful reproduction of the originals, isn't.  Watters, South Frisco, Peruna... all have their own style in greater or lesser degrees.  Maybe the real distinction could go further than your suggestion:  there are artists, and there are musicians -- musicians being artists, and then some,

--
Etc,

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon, Vicar-general
North American Old Roman Catholic Church (Utrecht Succession)
Archdiocese of California
www.naorc.org