[Dixielandjazz] The Low Brass Creed

Dave Gravatt dave at creolejazz.com
Wed Jun 14 11:25:50 PDT 2006

A classic, indeed. I still remember my trombone teacher at Indiana University in 1976, Bob Burnham, showing me the Creed for the first time. He deemed the time was right, pulled out the revered manuscript, and I read it. Suddenly, the world was right. These things which I had known since I started playing trombone in 7th grade -- there they were, in written form. Official. Approved. Sanctioned. Yes, we all know it's true.

Dave

Dave Gravatt
"It's a treat to beat your feet."
The New Creole Jazz Band