[Dixielandjazz] The Low Brass Creed

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jun 14 09:06:09 PDT 2006

DJML and other low-minded folks--
     Here's a link to The Low Brass Creed, a delicately phrased screed
that applies to the playing of low-brass instruments in all kinds of
musical groups, be they concert bands or jazz groups.  Those of you
with tender sensibilities need to be forewarned that the language is
rather earthy and rough and even obscene, indeed the verbal analogue
of the musicians depicted.

     Dan

** Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**     "I often ask myself how Beethoven would have written a
**      particular passage if he had wanted it to sound the way
**      I'm playing it."  --  Robert Shaw when at Cleveland Orchestra