[Dixielandjazz] The Newton Boys

dhs at ev1.net dhs at ev1.net
Wed Jun 14 22:39:06 PDT 2006

Dear Listers:

Tonight I was watching one of the CineMax channels.  They were showing a 1998 opus called The Newton Boys, a Texas production about a group of Texas brothers and their friends who robbed banks and a mail train in the early 1920s.  The music included a group of 1920s standards, including a couple of Jelly Roll Morton songs, Sweet Substitute and Wild Man Blues.  The Jim Cullum Jazz Band was among the performers.

Earlier, I saw the end of High Society (1956).  The last scene showed Louis Armstrong, Edmond Hall, Arvell Shaw and Barrett Deems.  It was an OKOM night on TV.  Now, if I could just find a copy of Rhythm Inn.....

Regards,
Dave Stoddard