FW: [Dixielandjazz] Yammie 691 vs. 697Z

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Jun 13 13:46:56 PDT 2006

Marty wrote:
My only reservation on the 691 is the interchangeable lead pipes
(mouthpipes). i have to own it longer to get a handle on that. The  funny
part of it, imo, is everyone seems to have a different "story" about which
pipe is the more "open", or "closed", etc. etc.

That's cause of, as I wrote in an earlier post, each to his own!  I keep
ending up back on the number 1, inspite of trying the others, so that must
be the one for me. Doesn't mean it's good for you, though, Marty.  Just keep
swapping around, and you'll find the one you keep going back to.

Actually, I don't think really there's all that much difference!   :>

Jim