[Dixielandjazz] Instrument Preferences

mmckay macjazz at se.rr.com
Tue Jun 13 12:09:27 PDT 2006

 I can't imagine New Orleans without Werlins. I'm sure there are lots of
things gone that I can't imagine (including our old house and the giant
oak.)

First music lessons (on violin!) from Mr. Kisner (???? I think. I'm old now
and things like that are hard to remember) at Werlins. Then he would come
out to our school. I didn't stay with violin long, but that was where it all
got started.

When I was an adult (and a high school band director, etc.) I was back in
New Orleans and went to Werlins to see if he was still there and let him
know that one of his kids did make it, but he was already dead.

If you have a high school band director, go tell them thank you!!!!

Mart

Martin D. McKay