[Dixielandjazz] brass & eyesight

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Jun 13 01:11:37 PDT 2006

Pat wrote:
I bring this up since some brass players like myself may not know
that playing shortly after cataract surgery is a no-no and the doc
won't necessarily think to bring it up.

When playing, there is tremendous pressure in the head, only makes sense.
If I happen to look at a computer screen while playing, the display dances
around all over the place in my vision.
Has anyone else noticed that?

Here's a great one.  Practicing can be so boring.  If there is a spider on
its web near you, do some low tones with the bell directed at the spider.
He will make his web vibrate just after the waves hit him!  It works in this
sequence:  low note/hits spider/web vibrates.

Oh, the powers of the trombone.

Jim