[Dixielandjazz] The "King" of Swing & Dixieland

Richard Stevens richard at thejazzfactory.net
Mon Jun 12 19:34:52 PDT 2006

HI All,

A mate of mine, Lachie Thompson (a fine Australian reeds man) has in the
past spent time with the King showing him some jazz licks.  Lachie was
stationed in Thailand for a while and along with other expats produced a
number of events there already. There was a band sent there from Melbourne
earlier this year for a week's work. The only place one could find in
Thailand playing OKOM is possibly in Bangkok. Most of the tourist areas have
duos doing weird "covers" or elaborate shows featuring one of Thailand's
cultural delights............ Boy-girls!

regards,
Richard Stevens
www.thejazzfactory.net