FW: [Dixielandjazz] New trombone

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Jun 12 09:40:40 PDT 2006

Dave Hanson wrote:

Jim,

Don't you mean a Yamaha model 691, 8" bell, .508 bore. I was scratching my
head when I first read your email about a model 191, as the 600 series is
their pro line. Anyway I have one as well as the smaller jazz horn the 697Z
which is like a King 2B on steroids, only the single leadpipe however.
Yamaha is making some great horns with the help of pro players and I hope
they continue doing so

Yes, of course, Dave.  It is Steve that has bought what he referred to as
the 191, but was probably a typo, meaning a 691.  I've had three of the 691,
and will go for it again soon, as my horns don't last me much more that
about 8 yrs.

Jim