[Dixielandjazz] WOULD YOU SIGN THIS CONTRACT ?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 16:20:45 PDT 2006

Hi Steve and all:

This is becoming the normal hold harmless agreement handed out by many
Public event organizers held on or sponsored by any city or county
operation.   I carry a Two million dollar Liability policy that I
simply file an also insured for them with which bypasses that hold
harmless agreement that they want signed.   At least so far.   And
since I have the policy should I need it, I would probably sign their
stupid agreement if the money were worthwhile if not I too would pass
on the performance.    Another reason I like to play in Europe  where
they still understand that Stuff happens  and they do not have to sue
everybody and their family because of their own mistakes.   Rather than
here  where we have a lawyer for about every 51 people in California
chasing ambulances and stray dogs  and looking for situation to file a
suit.   The groups that do not have such a policy however are set up to
get nailed by such an agreement if anything does happen.   Politics
Politics, and in your case  yet another Philadelphia Lawyer, and I have
heard they are notorious for those kind of contracts right ??

Cheers,

Tom

    Here's the latest in a series of Onerous Contract Provisions that
Barbone
Street has come across recently. The word "Artist" refers to The Barbone
Street Jazz Band: