[Dixielandjazz] Partners

EDWIN COLTRIN boreda at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 6 13:55:06 PDT 2006

Several years back I met a young lady who was a Disco dancer and a Square dance advocate. Her interest in OKOM was ignited by an evening sitting on the lawn at an open air concert by "Butch Thompsen" with a trombone man who sang "The Big Mamoo (sp).

  I was a volunteer to the STJ,  and she spent time with me during the Jubilee, jumping in with the "Grunts" at the end to help. This led to her participation in future Jubilees. Her interest was being a part of my life, which included MKOM. This led to many a night trying to teach Ballroom dancing and Swing steps in the kitchen. " Stay out of the pantry, don't bump the dishwasher, keep the drawers closed." Square Dancing doesn't lend to the Partner leading, much laughter.

  Her demise has left a  hole in the enjoyment of OKOM, but with the aid of Rounders records, I am recovering.

  Slainte M'hath

  Ye Olde Mouldy Fygge

  A wee dram o' Talisker, no back, please

  Ed Coltrin