[Dixielandjazz] The "partners" thing.

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Tue Jun 6 02:34:07 PDT 2006

Someone suggested:
It perhaps *maybe* an interesting exercise for DJML'ers to post if their
addiction to OKOM is/is not shared by their 'partners'.

In our band, none of the wives tag along.  We actually believe that may be
one of the reasons our band is still together after 38 yrs!  :>

Do they like our music?  Yes, but none are particularly "fans" of our style.
My wife doesn't like to come to gigs, unless she comes along with friends.
Makes sense.  Not many women want to sit on their own in a smokey bar.  And,
if I had a wife that did, I would probably begin to get suspicious of her
motives!  :>  Besides, our gigs are late at night, usually.  Meaning,
hitting your bed finally around 3 or 4am.

Anyway, do I go to her work?  No.  So, why expect her to come to mine?

Jim