[Dixielandjazz] Sacjazz Jubilee

snargi at pacbell.net snargi at pacbell.net
Sat Jun 3 02:27:29 PDT 2006

I enjoyed the Jubilee this year. I do have one gripe. I really think that when a band is performing special sets consideration needs to be made about the popularity of the band and the popularity of the special set. Cornet Chop Suey and the Louis Armstrong set come to mind. That set should not be held in the Holiday Inn ballroom viewed and listened to by a small number of room campers and people who had to take an hour out their Jubilee experience standing in line. It should be held in the biggest venue available to the Jubilee, the convention center. Perhaps if the Chop Suey/Louis set had been held in the convention center 500 people (including myself) wouldn't have missed it.

David Livingston
Dixieland Gumbo Radio
http://www.dixielandgumbo.com