[Dixielandjazz] Mal Sharpe' Dixieland Band

Artwoo at aol.com Artwoo at aol.com
Fri Jun 2 16:34:55 PDT 2006

The last time I heard Mal's band, he had Tom Buck on cornet, Petey Devine  on
washboard and Clint Baker on drums or string bass and several other
musicians.

Mal plays trombone in the style of Kid Ory and does a good job; he  produces
an enjoyable and earthy performance.

IMHO the band is quite good and worth checking out, particularly on Sundays
at The No-Name Bar in Sausalito which is right near the  waterfront in a very
picturesque setting.

Mal is a great front man in my opinion and connects well with the audience.
He has a very dry sense of humor which many Bay Area folks will remember from
his famous pranks-and bizarre interviews on the street played on KGO radio
with Jim Coyle.

Regards,
Art Wood