[Dixielandjazz] Mal Sharpe' Dixieland Band

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Jun 2 13:08:27 PDT 2006

Steve Barbone asks:

> I'm curious as to who Mal Sharpe is etc. See below.

Mal Sharpe's Dixieland Band (Though many know Mal Sharpe as a TV and radio
personality and humorist and KCSM d.j., his trombone anchors a band the
Examiner called ³the Grateful Dead of Dixieland.²

Any listees in the San Francisco Bay Area know of them?

Steve, Remember the comedy team Coyl & Sharp?  They were pretty big back in
the 60s & 70s.  Did a lot of funny commercials.  I think Coyl has passed but
Mal still does commercials.  He also does some very funny man on the Street
Interviews.  They used to do those years ago also.

Mal plays trombone.  Or should I say, owns a trombone?

--Bob Ringwald